This bat wing top, New Look 6648, is one of my favourites. Until now I only thought that I had made three of them, but I just realized that I have four on my closet. I have made view A, b and C and a mix of view A and B.
The time I used printing and assembling the pdf pattern is well spend after making it so many times. The top itself is easy to cut and sew.
Tanit Isis Sews is a blog where I found this great pattern called the Ariadne Tunic. The tunic is very easy to cut and sew, and by a adding a contrasting binding at the neck and bottom you can make different versions. I have made two tunics and the fit is great. I just need to find/make a tank top with a very low back to wear underneath.
This pattern I like so much that I made it twice and I want to make even more tops from New Look 6808. Again it is a pattern which I printed and glued together.
I have only made it with the little capsleves and the collar with a bow (view C), but I am planning to make the semi-long sleeved version.
The Lola dress was easy to make and the fabric is thick, nice and soft. But I am not sure I like the dress, it looks like something worn by a cleaning lady in the fifties. Sorry, I don’t hope I offended anyone. Anyway I like the pattern, it is just the colours of my dress which is off.
I have planned to cut out a big flower to iron on the pocket, that might help.
The first dress I made from this pattern
The second dress I made from this pattern
This dress I have made twice. Ironically the first one was very easy to make and I just had to alter the shoulders – I cut of 3 cm of the top to raise the neckline.
The next one took ages to make. I made it with sleeves, but they were just ill-fitting, so they had to go. Then I had to cut of some of the shoulders again, as I had forgotten than I did that last time. Lasly but not least I had massive problems with the neckline. The facing kept pulling out, and I had a hard time fixing it. In the end it turned out ok. I think the problem comes down to the fabric which despite it beeing very thin maybe was a bit thicker and hence heavier than the first fabric used.
Tutorial: You can find an excellent tutorial on the front here.
This dress is made from Lekala pattern 4254. I typed in my measurements on their page, paid, and got an e-mail with the pattern as a pdf.
The fit is a bit tight for me, maybe because I bought the pattern before Christmas, submitting my pre-christmas measurements. Well, I assume it fits again once spring arrives.
I am not pleased with the collar. I cut of half the width as it seemed like a mistake as it was so wide. It is still not convincing. I might cut it off and just do a round neck with a facing. We will see when I start to wear it.
It just shows they had a great time making these.
My 6. grade students designed and sewed a fish each. I sewed them all together and now they make the craft room at the school much more colourful.
I made this pyjama eater for my nephew for Christmas. I hope he will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Another one was made for my niece.
The pattern is from Sew Fearless
In the posts to come I will show some of all the garments and other items I have made over the years.