These two dresses are old. I made them four years ago from some fabric I bought in Luxor, Egypt. I wore them each at two weddings.
After loosing some weight I had to take in the sides and hem it again as it suddenly became to long at the back.
Even though I made two dresses from this pattern I recently threw out the pattern after trying to make yet another dress. In the end the pattern was just not easy to fit on me.
The unfinished dress still sits at my sewing desk, just waiting for the day it do something about it.
The first dress I made from this pattern
The second dress I made from this pattern
This dress I have made twice. Ironically the first one was very easy to make and I just had to alter the shoulders – I cut of 3 cm of the top to raise the neckline.
The next one took ages to make. I made it with sleeves, but they were just ill-fitting, so they had to go. Then I had to cut of some of the shoulders again, as I had forgotten than I did that last time. Lasly but not least I had massive problems with the neckline. The facing kept pulling out, and I had a hard time fixing it. In the end it turned out ok. I think the problem comes down to the fabric which despite it beeing very thin maybe was a bit thicker and hence heavier than the first fabric used.
Tutorial: You can find an excellent tutorial on the front here.