These two dresses are made from Lekala 4112. I made some minor adjustments to the pattern to getter a better fit. Mostly to make a bit wider.
From the Pastille pattern I have made two dresses. I first made the one with the poppies. It was difficult to get all the poppies to line up in the back seam, but it looks very nice and the zipper is almost invisible.
The brown one sequins, I have yet to wear for some reason.
I lined the brown one, as the brown fabric isn’t that nice next to the skin. It also makes it easier to sew as you don’t have to fiddle to get the facing to stay in place.
The pattern for this dress is very easy to use, sew and alter. The princess seams makes it easy
to fit. I have worn this dress a number of times, but I find it bit to colourful, so I usually wear a short bolero on top.
This dress is made by copying another dress. The fabric features flowers and butterflies and is very colourful.
I really like this pattern, and after making this one with sleeves from another pattern, I made these. First I made the brown one with the sleeves from view D. Just before completing the dress I just wanted to trim the edges, and I accidentally cut a hole in the bodice. I was furious and mad at my self for being so careless and even more when I found out that I didn’t have enough fabric to cut a new as i used the smaller print section of the fabric. So I had to be creative and ended up cutting the small light brown strips next to band in the middle to cover up the cut.
The sleeves on the stripy one is a short version of view B.
To get this look I combined the cool sleeves from Butterick 5522 with the dress from New Look 6751 as I thought that the Butterick dress looked a bit shapeless. I love the dress, it is one of my favorites. It is soft and comfortable to wear, but still stylish, and i always get a lot of comments on the sleeves.
The sleeves were fairly easy to sew, it just took a long time and lots of pins to pin the parts together. I want to make the sleeves again on another dress one day, maybe black and white?
Another dress I made for a wedding. In fact I just finished the dress a few hours before the ceremony started. I thought I had the dress done the day before, but when I wanted to try it on I couldn’t get in to it, because the zipper was to short. The next morning i was at the store before it opened to buy a longer zipper.
I altered the dress a little bit. I made a FBA and then took in the midriff a little. The last thing was a mistake as I couldn’t breathe properly the whole day and night. I was very relieved when I unzipped that night. I haven’t worn it since and I not sure it fits any longer.
These two dresses are old. I made them four years ago from some fabric I bought in Luxor, Egypt. I wore them each at two weddings.
After loosing some weight I had to take in the sides and hem it again as it suddenly became to long at the back.
Even though I made two dresses from this pattern I recently threw out the pattern after trying to make yet another dress. In the end the pattern was just not easy to fit on me.
The unfinished dress still sits at my sewing desk, just waiting for the day it do something about it.
I made this dress in a stretch jersey even though the pattern calls for a fabric with no stretch.
The dress therefore ended up being to big and I had to take it in. The neckband is my own addition to pattern. After finishing and wearing it for a day I cut of the sleeves as they were weird looking, being to short and wide, not a good combination. I then cut new sleeves from another pattern but I still not 100 % satisfied.
The Lola dress was easy to make and the fabric is thick, nice and soft. But I am not sure I like the dress, it looks like something worn by a cleaning lady in the fifties. Sorry, I don’t hope I offended anyone. Anyway I like the pattern, it is just the colours of my dress which is off.
I have planned to cut out a big flower to iron on the pocket, that might help.