Category Archives: New Look – pattern

New Look 6751 – Dress

Standard
New Look 6751

New Look 6751

New Look 6751

New Look 6751

I really like this pattern, and after making this one with sleeves from another pattern, I made these. First I made the brown one with the sleeves from view D. Just before completing the dress I just wanted to trim the edges, and I accidentally cut a hole in the bodice. I was furious and mad at my self for being so careless and even more when I found out that I didn’t have enough fabric to cut a new as i used the smaller print section of the fabric. So I had to be creative and ended up cutting the small light brown strips next to band in the middle to cover up the cut.

The sleeves on the stripy one is a short version of view B.

Butterick 5522/New Look 6751

Standard
Butterick 5522/New Look 6751

Butterick 5522/New Look 6751

To get this look I combined the cool sleeves from Butterick 5522 with the dress from New Look 6751 as I thought that the Butterick dress looked a bit shapeless. I love the dress, it is one of my favorites. It is soft and comfortable to wear, but still stylish, and i always get a lot of comments on the sleeves.

The sleeves were fairly easy to sew, it just took a long time and lots of pins to pin the parts together. I want to make the sleeves again on another dress one day, maybe black and white?

New Look 6095 – Dress

Standard
New Look 6095

New Look 6095

I made this dress in a stretch jersey even though the pattern calls for a fabric with no stretch.

The dress therefore ended up being to big and I had to take it in. The neckband is my own addition to pattern. After finishing and wearing it for a day I cut of the sleeves as they were weird looking, being to short and wide, not a good combination. I then cut new sleeves from another pattern but I still not 100 % satisfied.

New Look 6648 – top

Standard

This bat wing top, New Look 6648, is one of my favourites. Until now I only thought that I had made three of them, but I just realized that I have four on my closet. I have made view A, b and C and a mix of view A and B.

The time I used printing and assembling the pdf pattern is well spend after making it so many times. The top itself is easy to cut and sew.